“We added video to two of our results pages from the weekend: super easy to set up on the RSU end (YouTube is another story), and a huge hit with the masses. THANK YOU for making this feature available. It’s something I didn’t know I would ever use, but greatly appreciate you all thinking outside the typical registration/results box to provide what I consider the leading product in the marketplace. Kudos.” – Andy Harris, Columbus Running Event Management
We take pride in our our continual feature development, but it is still really overwhelming to hear our customers talk about how features have changed their workload and driven their businesses.
The most amazing thing? Most of these customers also told us that they know they are only using a small percentage of the available features. Just think about how many features you still have to discover!
We have added the ability to do a quick change of events when a person is checking in on race day on the check-in screen. This makes it simple to switch a person from the 10K to the 5K for example.
This also allows you to decide whether to issue a new bib number or let them keep the same bib number.
If your timer is using The Race Director or RunScore, then those changes can be automatically downloaded for proper scoring in the right event.
(We have more recently added a Chrome App that allows local label and receipt printing and a native Apple and Android app.
Here is a quick rundown on the new features:
- Kiosk mode option. This gives you a full screen with less clutter to do check-in.
- Search by registration ID. We have added a barcode to the confirmation page and E-mail. So runners can now bring in the confirmation and if you have a scanner, you will be able to check them in quickly.
- “Limit Access” option. This let’s an authorized person give only check-in capability to others. This way a race director can set up 20 different check-in stations.
- View custom question responses (like predicted time or emergency contact) in the check-in popup.
- View group/team in Check-In page. The name is a link to see all registrations on this group.
- Option to auto-check-in when bib number is entered.
- New “Linked Registrations” on the Check-In page to see all registrations on the same transaction. This makes it easier to check-in a family that registered together.
- Check-in report. This can help track numbers of check-ins by day, by person who checked them in, or by a “Location” option. Coupled with the ability to set an identifier in the Limit Access set-up, you can easily track different locations. For example, if packet pickup is at any of the 3 running stores in town you can see which store has checked in how many people.
- Set a group bib from the popup. This is useful for doing dynamic bib assignment and can assign a single bib number to a whole team.
- Added “Assign bibs to people who have already registered.” to the setup for assign bibs at registration time.
We will be coming out with full documentation and videos in the near future. Until then, make sure you practice some before you use the check-in and bib assignment tools. Since we had to accommodate a lot of different ways that race directors and timers and store owners wanted to do this, there is a lot of power and a number of options. But don’t be afraid – this stuff can really improve life once you have the process down!
We have updated the Kiosk to be easier to use and more powerful. We are seeing Kiosks used with increased frequencies for race day registration, and in running stores or expos. We have seen almost every different type of device in use for these – PC’s, Netbooks, Ultrabooks, Macs, iPad’s, Samsung Galaxy, even BlackBerry Tablets!
The new features include:
- Ability to set Custom Questions to be asked during Kiosk check-in
- Option to collect age instead of date of birth – this helps speed race day registration
- Auto-capitalize the first letter in the fields, so “bob” automatically becomes “Bob”
- Eliminated the Address field. This allowed us to have a single line on each page.
- If only a single event race, then no need to select Event.
- Quick completion if the amount due is $0.
- General clean up and usability.
This is part of our larger RunSignUp Go initiative to make Race Day Easier.
As part of our larger RunSignUp Go initiative to ease Race Day, ee now email each runner when their bib is picked up. This helps to catch issues when people are picking up multiple bibs and avoids multiple trips to packet pickup.
By default, this is set to Off. You can turn it on by going to the Notifications Settings.
RunSignUp Go Brings Race Day Together with open platform of over a dozen race software solution vendors
RunSignup Results 2.0 – State of the Art Results and Notifications
RunSignUp is pleased to announce the release of RunSignUp Go and RunSignUp Results 2.0. These advances are based on collaboration with over a dozen technology partners to allow races and timers to provide the best race day experience to their runners and triathletes without worrying about technology lock-in.
RunSignUp Go is a strategic effort to help bring race day together for race directors and timers. RunSignUp Go provides an open platform to connect the various parts of race day. This means existing tools and technologies can be tied together, and there is choice and freedom to add and change vendors – whether for registration, results, bib assignment, mobile, race scoring or chip timing technology. No lock-ins!
RunSignUp Results 2.0 adds important Mobile, Kiosk, and Runner Tracking and Notification capabilities so that any size race can bring big race levels of service to their participants.
“We have timed the McGuire’s St. Patrick’s 5K Run for a number of years,” said Neil MacDonald, President of Event Tech Services, Inc. of Sylvester, Georgia. “This year we are expanding the results and notification service available to runners and their friends and family by partnering with RunSignUp Go and the new RunSignUp Results 2.0. We selected RunSignUp to host our results because it is tightly integrated with our scoring software, RunScore. The RunSignUp Kiosk and Mobile Results also includes quick QR Code lookup, bib and name searching. In addition, runners can sign up for notifications of race results via text or email. Friends and family will also be able to track runners easily by signing up on the website or Facebook before the race. Since it is a predictive race with over 10,000 finishers, we are working closely with RunSignUp and the race to assure a great experience for the runners and their friends and family.”
“Technology advances have provided the ability for race directors and timers to provide a great race day experience to runners and triathletes,” said Bob Bickel, RunSignUp Founder. “We worked with over a dozen partners and many, many race directors and timers to come up with a way to bring all of this technology together. This open platform allows races to adopt technology in bite size steps and feel comfortable they are not getting locked in.”
RunSignUp Go provides the following key elements:
- Race Day Registration. This includes online registration, enabling smart phones and kiosks, as well as tracking cash payments in addition to credit cards. And real time syncing with Timer software from The Race Director and RunScore to eliminate paper entry scrambles.
- Bib Assignment. A completely flexible set of bib assignment options that includes state of the art Dynamic Bib Assignment which supports bib pickup in multiple locations and times. Also works with Virtual Race Bags.
- Race Day or Expo Check-In. Enables real time check-in. Hand out bibs either pre-assigned or dynamically. Make it easy for volunteers to see race t-shirt sizes and other items purchased by each runner. Check-in on Kiosks, Chromebooks, iPads, even mobile phones. Works with Virtual Race Bags.
- Participant Editing. Need to make last minute changes at Check-in? Easy. Does your timer need to update info in their timing software – do automatic syncing of changes done at checkin or in the timing software to make sure everything is in sync.
- Results, Notifications and Videos/Photos. RunSignUp offers free results and tracking/notifications. And we have a rich set of partners like My-Finish, Xact, Athlinks, Lapio, RaceJoy, RaceFace and RunScore Results to provide various levels of results, videos and photo solutions.
RunSignUp Results 2.0 provides these key features:
- Easy upload, including tight integration with The Race Director and RunScore.
- Simple collaboration between race directors and timers.
- Full Results Display with Search, Customizable columns, column ordering, split and triathlon support.
- Individual Results, including Custom URL, QR Code, and customizable Finisher’s Certificate.
- Mobile Results
- Kiosk Results
- Custom Bib and QR Code capabilities
- Notification and Runner Tracking. Right in registration, as well as afterward. Social sharing via Facebook, Twitter, Google+, Pinterest, etc.
RunSignUp Go and RunSignUp Results 2.0 are available immediately. There will be demonstrations at the RunSignUp Timer Training in San Antonio on Sunday, January 19, 2014.
RunSignUp is the leading innovator of online tools for Races and Running Clubs. Services include RunSignUp for race registration, RunSignUp Go for Race Day, RunSignUp Clubs to enable membership management. Over 3,000 race directors, timers, and running club officers use these services today. Services are free except for processing fees when conducting monetary transactions like race registration or club membership renewals. RunSignUp is founded by runners for runners, using technical capabilities to bring the power of cloud computing to benefit the running community.