The more we develop, the more interesting projects we find! We are looking for two more 10X developers to join our team and help us bring the art of software to our endurance and non-profit customers.
The ideal candidate will be someone who loves to code and produce software that is used by millions of people who are running races and those people who help organize, time and photograph tens of thousands of events, in addition to helping running clubs, running stores and the many non-profits who are behind many of these races. You will be working alongside some other very talented developers. We are not looking for someone who wants to be a Development Manager, or an Architect who does not code.
This position can best be described as an Application Developer. The major areas we are doing development on are CRM, Fundraising, Race Websites, Automated Promotion and Marketing, Memberships, and Financials. Our software technology platform is made up of the following:
- AWS and many of their services like SQS, SES, SNS, and Lambda.
- Core platform is PHP, memcached, MySQL and Linux.
- We have several mobile apps using React.
We are a very fast moving team, where we give broad responsibility to developers to get projects done by breaking them into small tasks with frequent releases. We also dedicate 20% of our time to making small incremental improvements that might only take an hour or two to complete that we receive from customers. Last year we made over 1,500 deployments – so we are strong supporters of Continuous Deployment.
We also highly value technology and understand it is the very core of what we offer our customers. We believe having a few of the very best developers is much better than having huge teams.
We are looking for someone who fits our culture. Our guiding principles are to have equal parts of Work, Learn, Fun, and Team. We believe that customers, employees and owners all share equally in the responsibility and success of the company. This is covered in more detail in our About link below. Please review our material to make sure this is the right type of place for you, such as:
- RunSignUp 2017 Year in Review
- Built for the Long Run
- Market Analysis
- RunSignUp History Timeline
- RunSignUp Philosophy over the years
Some of the key attributes we are looking for (we will look for the best mix):
- Exceptional software development skills
- Ability to code and deliver your own projects in such a way they work with the entire system and other development projects (we do not have large teams working on each project – we break things into small projects)
- Ability to code the entire project – from database to application logic to user interface
- Ability to listen to what customers need and provide solutions based on their needs
- Running/endurance sports roots and enthusiasm for active lifestyle
- High energy, hands-on, ability to complete full lifecycle development
- Gets stuff done rather than just talk about stuff
- Attention to detail and ability to complete tasks in a high volume environment
- Thirst for learning
- Team player who acts with personal integrity and treats others with respect
The very competitive salary is depending on experience and current compensation. In addition, the company gives stock options to all employees, and has a generous profit sharing plan that funds bonuses for all of our employees. Health insurance is company paid and includes a $2,000 HSA contribution by the company. The company also has a Simple IRA and matches up to 3% of an employee’s salary as a matching contribution.
If you think you can help and want to join our dynamic, fun, growing company please send a resume to bob.bickel at runsignup.com.