Check out our nifty new templates!
The latest installment of our RunSignUp Webinar Series dropped today, with Account Manager Allison Bickel taking attendees through the steps to create emails, send emails, and interpret your email reports…so, for those of you who missed the webinar, here’s your chance to catch up!
You can explore the full presentation on your own time with Allison’s fun “test race” setup to review the full process of creating and sending emails. Tour the Email Marketing “Test Race”: runsignup.com/emailmarketingwebinar
A Few Email Best Practices:
1. Test your emails before sending to recipients to make sure that the format and content of your email are to your liking. Keep in mind that over mobile devices account for more than 60% of race website traffic, so you should always view the test email in a web browser AND on your phone. **Replacement tags will not be replaced with data in a test email.
2. Instead of sending attachments in your emails, you can upload the content as a Custom Section/Page and send a link to that page in the email body. You can also do this to reduce the amount of text in your emails. This is particularly useful for recipients viewing your email on their phones.
3. Turn on Automated Emails. It’s free, easy to do, and can have significant returns for your registration numbers! Check out this page to learn more about enabling & customizing your automated emails.
4. Use Replacement Tags. You can improve deliverability rates when you use simple mail merges for %FIRST_NAME%, etc.
5. Don’t send too many emails, and make sure the ones that you do send are concise, informative, and useful to the recipients. No one like to receive spam!
6. If you have a Facebook page, Twitter account, or Instagram for your race, set those links up under the Promotion tab. The new email template includes social sharing links at the bottom of every email if you link your race’s social settings.
Want to catch up on previous Webinars? They are always available to watch in two ways:
Webinar Archive: https://resources.runsignup.com/webinar-calendar/
Youtube Webinar Playlist: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLbQkDH0nLEEFWIPt34eZwfZYJqusIlFWe