Moorestown, NJ – RunSignup is now accepting applications for their 2018 Community Grant Program. The program, in its third year, awards a $10,000 contribution to endurance-related nonprofit organizations. Organizations can be nominated for the RunSignUp Community Grant here through June 15, 2018. The grant supports charities that promote the endurance industry; for example, local youth running programs, training funds for athletes, or the collection of running shoes for runners in developing countries. Requirements for applicants include:
- All applicants must be a 501(c)3 Non-Profit
- All nominated organizations must have an endurance-related central mission. This mean that the organization directly supports the endurance community, not that it uses a running event (such as a 5K) to raise money for a non-endurance charity (such as cancer research).
- Nominations can be made by anyone – employees or volunteers within an organization, as well as general supporters of an organization.
- An organization can be nominated by more than one person; however, this does not increase the chances of an award for that organization. All nominations will be evaluated equally.
- Previous winners can re-apply; however, organizations are not eligible in consecutive years – 2017 Community Grant winners are not eligible in 2018 (2016 winners can re-apply).
The final award decision will be made by the RunSignUp Customer Advisory Board in mid-July, just prior to the 5th Annual RunSignUp Symposium.
The full contribution can be made to a single nonprofit or divided among several; in 2017, the awardees were Athletes Serving Athletes ($1,000), Chester Cheetahs Track Club (2,000), Bel Inizio ($2,000), Airborne Tri Team (2,000), and Tri 4 Schools (4,000). More information and the application for the Community Grant can be found here: http://resources.runsignup.com/runsignup-community-grant/
RunSignUp is the leading technology provider for races in the US. More than 15,000 races use RunSignUp to manage their events, registering more than 4 million participants each year. Services include RunSignUp for registration, fundraising, and race promotion, RunSignUp Go for RaceDay, RD Go for Timers, RunSignUp Clubs to enable membership management, and RaceJoy for mobile experiences. Customers include leading organizations like the Boilermaker Road Race, Crim Festival of Races, Pittsburgh Three Rivers Marathon, Inc., Fifth Third River Bank Run, Philadelphia Marathon, Komen Race for the Cure Philadelphia, Mercedes Marathon, Kentucky Derby Festival, Silicon Valley Turkey Trot, Leone Timing, KC Running Company, Compuscore Timing, Knoxville Track Club, Pikes Peak Road Runners, Gulf Coast Runners, Columbus Running Company, Playmakers Running Store and many more. Services are free except for processing fees when conducting monetary transactions such as race registration or club membership renewal. RunSignUp is founded by runners for runners, using technical capabilities to bring the power of cloud computing to benefit the running community. For more information, visit RunSignUp.com.