We are looking for a full time UI developer in the Philadelphia area to join our team and help create our next generation platform for the endurance industry.
The ideal candidate will be someone who loves UI Design AND loves to Code and produce software that is used by millions of people who are running races and those people who help organize and time tens of thousands of events, in addition to helping running clubs and running stores. You will be working alongside some other very talented developers. We are not looking for someone who only does design or does not code.
There are several large projects that we will want you to take responsibility of:
- Create several optional templates for customer Race Websites (right now we have one, and we want to offer customers several to choose from).
- Target specific high use parts of the Race Director Dashboard to ease use. As we and our customers have grown, some of our original UI Design templates have been outgrown.
- Help with design of the new RaceDay Scoring and Results platform we are building.
- Help with design of the new Promotions Dashboard to help races manage all of their Promotional needs.
- “Own” the look and feel evolution of our platform so other developers can use your style guides.
We are a very fast moving team, where we give broad responsibility to developers to get projects done by breaking them into small tasks with frequent releases. We also dedicate 20% of our time to making small incremental improvements that might only take an hour or two to complete that we receive from customers. Last year we made over 2,000 deployments – so we are strong supporters of Continuous Deployment.
We also highly value technology and understand it is the very core of what we offer our customers. We believe having a few of the very best developers is much better than having huge teams.
We are looking for someone who fits our culture. Our guiding principles are to have equal parts of Work, Learn, Fun, and Team. We believe that customers, employees and owners all share equally in the responsibility and success of the company. This is covered in more detail in our About link below. Please review our material to make sure this is the right type of place for you, such as:
- RunSignUp 2016 Year in Review
- Built for the Long Run
- Market Analysis
- Latest Infrastructure Improvements
Some of the key attributes we are looking for (we will look for the best mix):
- Exceptional UI Design and Development skills
- Ability to code and deliver your own projects in such a way they work with the entire system and other development projects (we do not have large teams working on each project – we break things into small projects)
- Ability to listen to what customers need and provide solutions based on their needs
- Running/endurance sports roots and enthusiasm for active lifestyle
- High energy, hands-on, ability to complete full lifecycle development
- Gets stuff done rather than just talk about stuff
- Attention to detail and ability to complete tasks in a high volume environment
- Thirst for learning
- Team player who acts with personal integrity and treats others with respect
The very competitive salary is depending on experience and current compensation. In addition, the company has a generous profit sharing plan that funds bonuses for all of our employees. Health insurance is 100% company paid and includes a $2,000 HSA contribution by the company. The company also has a Simple IRA and matches up to 3% of an employee’s salary as a matching contribution.
If you think you can help and want to join our dynamic, fun, growing company please send a resume to bob.bickel at runsignup.com.